Sunday, November 13, 2011

Naomi

Every great experience is partially defined by the people you get to share it with. On this great 3-month adventure, I have had the privilege of getting to know 20 other wonderful students that I probably wouldn’t have ever gotten to know otherwise. For fun, and for documentation’s sake, I decided to write a little entry about each one of them.  Whether or not I will actually make it through all 20 is yet to be determined, but I will at least give it a go.
            It is only fitting that I start with my roomie: Naomi, a.k.a. Gnomeo (As in Gnomeo and Juliet. If you haven’t seen that movie, watch it. Or don’t. Your choice.) A few logistical things about Naomi: She is a Chemistry Major. She is in German 201 so her German is way better than mine which often comes in handy. She loves to shop and has really cool headphones.
Naomi has one of the most flavorful personalities I have ever encountered. She may seem a little crazy at times but she is a real sweetheart and is always super genuine. She is always on the go and is very hard to keep up with. Seriously, she walks so fast.
Naomi is so vibrant and full of life as any party girl would be, but she is also very good at considering the feelings of others, as well as the promptings of the spirit. Honestly, I don’t think I could have asked for a better roommate for this trip! Although her talent for fashion makes me feel stylishly inferior at times, she has helped me step out of my shell and have experiences that I otherwise wouldn’t have had without her, and I am eternally grateful for that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment