Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Amanda

           So we all know those kids who have played musical instruments their whole lives and whose entire personality seems to be consumed by that one fact. They are often known, for lack of a better word, as Bandies. I won’t go into too much detail here because I think we all know what I’m talking about, but I will say that I expected bassoon playing Amanda Moreton to be one of these people. I know I’ve been told never to judge a book by its cover, but I had never even seen a bassoon before Amanda came into my life, and I feel like the obscure-instrument players usually have the worst cases of Bandie-itis.
            I will openly and publicly admit, however, that I was 100% misled in my first assumptions about Amanda. She is quite possibly the most legit individual I have ever met. I don’t know if you know anyone whose mere presence emanates awesomeness, but if you knew Amanda, you would know what I am talking about. She is so cool I can’t even think of words to describe it. Sometimes I think I have an opinion, but everything Amanda says makes so much sense, that I immediately want to change my life-perceptions to whatever Amanda thinks.
            Don’t get me wrong, she still does nerdy things like comment every time someone with a musical instrument goes by, is extremely good at what she does (bassoon playing) and still loves to go experience more musician-type things than your typical (in my opinion less-sophisticated) human being. But she does these things in a way that makes them seem cooler, rather than nerdier. Thank you Amanda, for changing the way I look at musicians. 



This is a really classy lady playing the bassoon. However, Amanda still looks better.

No comments:

Post a Comment