Monday, November 21, 2011

Heidi

            I got to spend basically the whole trip to Austria next to Heidi so you could say she was my first friend in the group. Heidi is the oldest member of our group and doesn’t actually attend BYU, so we are so happy that she chose this program so that we could have her here with us.
            Heidi is a master chef and I have had the pleasure of tasting some of her delectable cooking. I envy her knowledge of foods and ingredients and am sad she doesn’t go to BYU so she won’t be around to teach me her ways.
            Heidi is such a sweetheart and I am always impressed by the way she consistently treats everyone with respect. She is so generous and is never shy about giving to, and sharing with, others. Heidi was one of the first ones here to make friends with some Austrians which I think emphasizes her friendliness and likability.
            Although her life hasn’t exactly been a smooth journey, she is still optimistic about the future which I think adds to her positive aura. One thing that really impresses me about Heidi is that, no matter what happens, I don’t think I’ve ever heard Heidi utter a complaint. I think I would do well to follow her example.

No comments:

Post a Comment