Monday, September 26, 2011

The Hills are Alive!

Any of you who have seen the Sound of Music has probably heard of a city called Salzburg Austria (if you haven't you are silly because that is where the movie takes place). Well there is a very lucky girl who got to visit Salzburg and that girl is ME!!!! Yes, that's right. I walked the path at the end of "I have confidence" and went through the gates to the front of the Von Trapp's house. I took pictures on the steps and with the gnomes featured in "Do-Re-Mi." I stood in the chapel where Maria and Captain Georg Von Trapp were married. But most of all, I sang "The Sound of Music" on the very soil where Julie Andrews sang. It was truly a dream come true.
Real Salzburg Soil

The Front of the Von Trapp family's house

I would like ask her, "How do you solve a problem like Maria?"

Salzburg Palace
(Not gonna lie, the inside kinda made me feel like I was in Gondor)

1 comment:

  1. shelly i am very jealous. get me a rock form there... but it is probably too late... dang haha

    ReplyDelete